Thursday, July 9, 2015

Day 10: Well You Heard about the Boston

Another day, another town.

I had booked yesterday an airport shuttle from the tourism office to Buffalo Airport. So after enjoying a couple of extra cinnamon rolls from Laura Lee - my host - because she's lovely, I headed to the tourist centre. At 9:30am, when the shuttle was supposed to arrive, I was still waiting. After five minutes (because I didn't want to be late) I asked the desk. When they called, it was revealed that they hadn't sent someone yet. Given I had two hours before my plane was supposed to leave, it was worrying that my half hour drive to the airport wasn't starting on time.

Fortunately, my lift arrived fifteen minutes later and despite being stuck in traffic, I arrived with plenty of time. Even better, from this perspective, was that my flight was delayed by about half an hour. That delay was extended to about an hour before I actually got on the plane. They actually changed planes and as a result, we were all really spread out. For most of the one hour I slept. All this travel is really taking it out of me.

Fortunately, I'm in Boston for a few days, so plenty of time to rest and recuperate. My host is an Israeli Musician who plays the Double Bass. He is playing Jazz somewhere later tonight, but I haven't been able to find the place on google maps to get there, which is disappointing. Instead, I went for a walk along the Harvard Bridge to enjoy the view of the city. I was intrigued to notice that along the bridge is marking identifying lengths in Smootes. Not sure what that means.

Fenway Park was really bright



 It wasn't a huge day today, more of a day of rest. Tomorrow I will begin my Boston adventures with a trip to MIT. Very Excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment